As a child I remember the “Countdown to Christmas Advent Calendar” my family used, where little chocolates and scripture readings sat waiting for me behind little windows that were opened each day. It’s funny how this simple cardboard stand made the joyful anticipation of Christmas even greater while helping me to learn even more about the Christmas story.
Because this is such a fond memory of mine we wanted to recreate that joyful feeling with your children this holiday season too!
On LeadershipForKids.tv we’ve come up with our own wonderful “Countdown to Christmas Advent Calendar” that has both a daily reading plan as well as a five-seven minute video your children will enjoy.
Over the next 24 days here is what your children will learn:
Week One: The Light Is Promised
The promise of the Christ and the promises of God.
Week Two: The Light Is Revealed
God revealing His plan to bring Jesus into the world.
Week Three: The Light Shines
Jesus’ birth is announced to the world.
Week Four: The Light Must Be Shared
The light of Jesus is to be shared around the world.
As a parent, I encourage you to have a special treat that follows the completion of each Scripture reading and video. Nothing big, just something as simple as a piece of chocolate. It will add to the excitement, and it will make a memory and tradition your child will cherish forever.
Not experiencing the amazing benefits of LeadershipForKids.tv yet? No problem! Sign up today for free and utilize it to make this special lifetime memory with your children. Simply go to Leadershipforkids.tv and begin this special Christmas journey today! You can also download the LeadershipForKids.tv App off iTunes or Google Play for easy access on your phone or tablet.
Each week of Professor Playtime's Christmas Shop of Wonders we will unwrap a different Bible verse natural slimming pills. Actually, it will unwrap itself! Check out the stop motion animation used to showcase the Bible verses in this series!
Just for fun, each week Professor Playtime's Christmas Shop of Wonders will include stars racing to the top of a tree! The animation, created using After Effects, will take us up through the branches, over ornaments and around lights. Who will win, Red or Yellow?
We tried to pull just a little bit of this Professor Playtime skit to show you, but every part is just too much fun to cut! So… we decided to share an entire skit. This skit is part of a lesson on patience. It has a toy shop, princesses, talking candy, a warrior riding a giraffe, and an astronaut with issues. So really, you need to see the whole thing! Enjoy!
I love Christmas music! It gets me in the holiday spirit and brings back so many wonderful memories from my childhood. In fact music is one of the first things many people think of when they think about Christmas. Because music is such an essential part of Christmas, we decided that Professor Playtime needed more music than the typical Elevate series.
We wanted to stick to the classic Christmas carols that so many of us grew up with, but there was a challenge that we faced. The melodies of most Christmas songs are difficult to sing, especially for kids. So we began a tightrope walking process of staying true to the original song while making the melody easier for kids to sing along to. We love how they turned out! This series includes Joy to the World, Deck the Halls, Angels We Have Heard on High, Jingle Bells, and Silent Night. Check out our version of Angels We Have Heard on High!
Check out this great stop motion animation from our new Elevate Children's Church series, Professor Playtime's Christmas Shop of Wonders! This animation will be used for the Main Point each week.
Check out these special effects the Elevate team created for Professor Playtime’s Christmas Shop Of Wonders! From talking toys to a very special snowglobe that helps us tell each Bible story, this series really is FULL OF WONDERS!
Have you ever watched an animated character and wondered what the actor attached to that voice looked like when they were recording it? Check out this video of the voice talent behind Wonder and Palette, our wonderful hosts of Elevate Jr. They’re recording some special Christmas content for Professor Playtime’s Christmas Shop Of Wonders! You’ll also see some of the early animations that go along with this voiceover.
Curious about what our new Christmas series will be teaching? Below is the scope and sequence for Professor Playtime’s Christmas Shop Of Wonders as well as for the Elevate Jr. series of the same name. Each week is a stand alone Christmas lesson, so you can do as many as you’d like and in any order you would like!
Professor Playtime’s Christmas Shop Of Wonders
- Lesson Goal: The children will learn that even though we will face difficulties, we can still have courage because God has a plan for us.
- Main Point: I Can Have Courage Because God Has A Plan!
- Bible Story: Christmas through the eyes of Mary. (Luke 1:26 – 38)
- Bible Verse: “This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 (NLT)
- Lesson Goal: The children will learn that we should encourage other people with our words and actions.
- Main Point: I Will Encourage Others!
- Bible Story: Christmas through the eyes of Elizabeth. (Luke 1:39-56)
- Bible Verse: “So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NLT)
- Lesson Goal: The children will learn that we should stick with and help people who are following God’s plan.
- Main Point: I Will Be Loyal To People Who Are Loyal To God!
- Bible Story: Christmas through the eyes of Joseph. (Matthew 1:18-25)
- Bible Verse: “A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.” Proverbs 17:17 NLT
- Lesson Goal: The children will learn that Christmas is a time for joy and that the good news of Jesus’ birth should be shared with other people.
- Main Point: I Can Have Joy And Share It With Others!
- Bible Story: Christmas through the eyes of the shepherds. (Luke 2:8-20)
- Bible Verse: “Everyone will share the story of your wonderful goodness; they will sing with joy about your righteousness.” Psalm 145:7 (NLT)
- Lesson Goal: The children will learn that when we wait, we should do so patiently.
- Main Point: I Will Be Patient!
- Bible Story: Christmas through the eyes of Simeon. (Luke 2:25–35)
- Bible Verse: “Better to be patient than powerful; better to have self-control than to conquer a city.” Proverbs 16:32 (NLT)
- Lesson Goal: The children will learn that we should focus on Jesus instead of ourselves. Selfishness only causes problems.
- Main Point: Christmas is About Jesus; It Is Not About Me!
- Bible Story: Christmas through the eyes of Herod. (Matthew 2:1–18)
- Bible Verse: “Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.” Philippians 2:3 (NLT)
- Lesson Goal: The children will learn that we should honor Jesus by always giving our best.
- Main Point: I Will Honor Jesus By Giving My Best!
- Bible Story: Christmas through the eyes of the Wise Men. (Matthew 2:1–18)
- Bible Verse: “Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce.” Proverbs 3:9 (NLT)
- Lesson Goal: The children will learn that the reason Jesus was born was so He could take the punishment for our sins so we could be forgiven.
- Main Point: Jesus Is The Greatest Gift!
- Bible Story: Jesus’ gift to us is Salvation. God’s promise of Salvation and the Gospel story (Various parts of the Gospels)
- Bible Verse: “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 (NLT)
Professor Playtime’s Christmas Shop Of Wonders Jr.
Series Verse: “… the Father sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.” 1 John 4:14b (NLT)
- Main Point – I Will Be Brave
- Bible Story – Mary (Luke 1:26 – 38)
- Main Point – I Will Say Kind Words
- Bible Story – Elizabeth (Luke 1:39 – 56)
- Main Point – I Will Obey
- Bible Story – Joseph (Matthew 1:18 – 25)
- Main Point – I Will Share Joy
- Bible Story – Angels and Shepherds (Luke 2: 8 – 20)
- Main Point – I Will Be Patient
- Bible Story – Simeon (Luke 2: 25 – 35)
- Main Point – I Will Share My Things
- Bible Story – Wise Men (Matthew 2:1 – 12)
- Main Point – Jesus Is The Greatest Gift
- Bible Story – Jesus (birth to resurrection)
- Main Point – I Will Tell Others About Jesus
- Bible Story – Anna (Luke 2:36-38)