Here’s a quick behind-the-scenes video that I took when on the set of Elevate’s Altitude Jr. series video shoot this week. Many of you have asked me “Where does Elevate shoot it’s videos?” My answer: “Right here at Fellowship Church”. In this video, you can tell our sets are printed and contain a few added 3D elements. You can also see the teleprompter for “Switch”, the puppet (“Bivvy”, the human girl character, memorized her lines, the puppet on the other hand…well, he can be very demanding.) You can also see the number of cameras we use and the directors table, with our director for this Jr. series, Sam Johnson.
This shoot has been a lot of fun and we can’t wait to share Altitude with you and the kids in your ministry! Check out our ElevateAtChurch Facebook page for more behind-the-scenes pictures and updates of this upcoming series!
Over the past couple of years I have struggled with the question, “Should I, or shouldn’t I, do a blog?” I mean, after all, what can I do with a blog? Well, after much deliberation I have decided that, with a blog, I can share my thoughts on life, on family, on church, on volunteers, on ministry, and on being a Children’s Pastor in today’s world. And because I love connecting with people and I get excited about the conversations we all could have, I have decided to give it a whirl.
At mikejohnsonblog.com, I am going to share the insights of 16 years as Children’s Pastor of Fellowship Church. We will get into the nitty gritty, the ups and downs, as well as the challenges and victories of ministry today.
Some of the things I will share are:
- Leadership strategies.
- Tackling and overcoming the challenges of ministry that happen Monday-Friday.
- Video of strategy meetings and conference planning sessions.
- Behind the scenes looks at the production of our curriculum, Elevate/Elevate Jr./Elevate Family.
- A peek backstage to look at the jam sessions of Cloud Nine, the band behind all the music for FCKids and Elevate.
- Concept art.
- First hand knowledge of new releases from FCKids.
- Insights from the FCKids staff in all areas of children’s ministry: nursery, preschool, and elementary weekends, large events, discipleship, and curriculum development.
- Thoughts on curriculum essentials.
- Team building ideas.
- Behind the scenes of our C3Kids conference planning.
- Building/sculpting tips.
- Set design.
In a nut shell, if it makes FCKids go, we’ll talk about it here. God is doing many exciting things in Children’s Ministry today. I look forward to sharing my thoughts with you and hearing your ideas!